Friday, January 23, 2009

“Praise Song for the Day,” by Elizabeth Alexander

The title to this poem means hear out on what she is saying and what she means when she says it and also to be thankful for were the people that fought for us to get were we are now. For example like Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks and etc.
This poem is kind of difficult for me to understand but the things i do understand make me feel like she put her heart into it and she thought a lot about what she was writing down this poem really touch my heart because it is true.

``I know there’s something better down the road.
We need to find a place where we are safe.
We walk into that which we cannot yet see."

This phrase i really liked from the poem because it means to me that you want to go find a better and safer place and you can go but yet you do not know what it can do for you. This poem pick this phrase because if you understand it it will make a lot of sence to you and to me it just a strong phrase because in a way it reminds me of the saying ``you may look but not yet find".

No comments: